homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mad cow disease

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mad cow disease
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:41:03 -0800

At 11/18/2004 11:52 AM, you wrote:

Alarm away. I have been trying to find the article where the USDA refuses to allow a cattle company to test all it's cattle for mad cow (so they can export to Japan).
There is only one reason I can think of why the USDA would not allow testing it's the economic impact if it was found to be widespread.

I went looking again for the article I read and found a lot on the USDA refusal.

Feb 04 http://www.unknownnews.net/040301madcow.html
Mar 04 http://www.pitch.com/issues/2004-03-25/stline.html/1/index.html
Apr 04 http://www.unknownnews.net/040412madcow.html
May 04 http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/0504/051104cdam1.htm
Jul 04 http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/07/29/us.madcow.testing.reut/

Notice the dates on the articles and where in CNN it ended up.

Rob

becidawa AT hctc.com
Now in western Washington, USA