homestead - [Homestead] Fw: Thousands of apologies

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: "Homestead mailing list" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Fw: Thousands of apologies
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:04:57 -0800

This was sent to me from another "li'l ole lady
in tennie runners" :
=============

(snipped the personal part) (give the URL a minute to load)

> while it's dispiriting in some ways, it's also heartening; it's good to
> know that so many - mostly young - people are able to see straight...
>
> R-rated for language in places, though.
>
> http://www.sorryeverybody.com/gallery/1/<http://www.sorryeverybody.com/gallery/1/>
>
> And, from the same source, with "prophetic" as a subject line:
>
> "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more
> and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and
> glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire
> at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
> H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

Since Mencken died in 1956, he didn't
get to read Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged".
And Rand is gone so she hasn't seen
her prognostications come true .... first
a clown and now a criminal.
Toni