homestead - [Homestead] Lust For Life

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: Homestead mailing list digest <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Lust For Life
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:32:05 -0800

I'm reminded of the words of another self-styled savior: "He that is not with me is against me."

Toni wrote:

You helped guarantee he wouldn't have the
opportunity -

What has the __it done that's been *so* *good*
for Americans that you wasted a vote for Kerry ?

Normally I'm content to have the howls of the Boeotians shunted silently to the Message Center, but I confess of late a certain voyeuristic fascination. It's the same sort of morbid exhilaration I first felt back in 2000 shortly after the "see-lection" when it first became obvious that Mr. Fuel Cell was doomed and you could see that some of the Liberals on TV had been crying. I've really got to stop this and go back to being my normal scholarly self, but is this just too fun or what? What force draws me to the Message Center to gloat shamelessly I just don't know. Do you suppose they have a self-help book written by a womyn doctor in San Francisco that I could read? Maybe "Lynda" knows someone down at the Wymmyn's Center who can cure this sudden propensity for getting off on the political squeals of the loonie fringe.

Bill

  • [Homestead] Lust For Life, Bill Jones, 11/08/2004