homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken Scratching Run

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken Scratching Run
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 00:29:19 -0800

> but which they'll normally turn their nose up at. Bill S. Oregon coast

Chickens with 'turned up noses' -
what an image - oh, hehehe !!!
From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shipping container portable houses, storage
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 00:33:00 -0800

From: Lynda<mailto:lurine AT softcom.net>
> They turn into ovens and "cook" things you store in them.

Oh, wow ! do I know just the turkey
I'd like to have shoved in there and
locked up ... !
From: "WF Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 09:04:48 -0500
Subject: [Homestead] Homestead My Ass

I'm really enjoying all the hand wringing, bitterness, and gnashing of
teeth. Please, ya'll (and you know who you are) keep it up through the
weekend for me. It is so predictable and hilarious. Wednesday was great,
seeing the list go all day with a total of maybe three posts as the reality
of being so out of touch sank in for so many of you.

I'm still trying to decide exactly when to unsubscribe. I think I'll wait
til all this b.s. subsides then sign off.

Meantime, George Bush finally gave us our first frost last night. Luckily,
Dick Cheney called my wife to warn her, and she was able to cut the last of
the basil yesterday afternoon. I think Bush was afraid to cause a frost
until after the election, because he didn't want to be blamed for wiping out
everyone's crops, and Mr. Cheney couldn't possibly call and warn everyone
with all the evil he has to do.

By the way, the "XXXX days til the next election" sig line is classic. I'm
getting a real belly laugh imagining the dolt using it, getting up every day
and asking themselves "did I change my sig yesterday so that I can just
subtract one today, or do I need to look it up again?" I really hope you
keep that up daily until the next election. It should keep you occupied
like a kitten with a ball of string.

I hear George Bush is going to make it even colder tonight, but not cold
enough for a hard freeze. I plan to pick the last of my peppers, pull up the
bushes and prepare my beds for winter today. Since Bush made it rain for the
last week to keep voter turnout down, (I think he used the black helicopters
to seed the clouds, but of course that's just speculation), I am really
thankful he made it sunny today.

Have a nice day under Bush.
---