homestead - Re: [Homestead] What's going on with this list?

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What's going on with this list?
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 20:29:56 -0500

My snapshot would be pretty funny as I got sprayed (not badly, thankfully) by a skunk tonight!

Last night we were up until three having fun with the election. Our local and state races were pretty interesting but they were decided pretty early. They were interesting to us because our end of the state got a big dose of power that has been held by Memphis for a long time. It will be interesting to see how that changes things, and how it doesn't.

We have a light in the coop so our chickens are still laying nicely. Actually better than they were for a couple months. We're fixing up our field fence -- we put in electric nearly four years ago and didn't put tighteners on it which is what we are doing now. Our fence lines are too irregular for high tensile to be practical. I put the bareback pad on the horse and went riding for a couple hours yesterday. Pigs are growing nicely -- hams are looking delicious. Saw a discarded oil thing on yesterday's ride which might be turned into a scalding tank, I don't know. It has been so warm we've only had one fire this year. UPS damaged our new bow saw blades we'd ordered -- we've had mighty trouble finding blades worth anything, that is, designed to actually cut lots of wood -- so I don't know when we'll get those but we need to lay in some wood. Muzzleloader season starts this weekend for a week.

Stuff.

Denise, not stinking too badly now (I don't think)