homestead - [Homestead] Here's the crux of the matter...

  • From: RayZentz AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Here's the crux of the matter...
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 21:43:42 EST

I recieved this as a portion of a larger post. The opinions expressed by
this organization I do not always agree with, but this next part I do.
Read,
ponder, and then make your vote...knowing that we will be judged by future
generations. The results of our vote on Tuesday may decide much more than
we
can even comprehend at this point. May we not look back with regret.
Ray
Well, it’s here – the 2004 Election – the election that historians will
look back on and say was the turning point in the first war of the 21st
century.
They may even call what we’re living in the Third World War.
Either way, whether we realize it or not, we are living in the midst of a
global war – a war not just against terrorism but against a religious
ideology
that views America and the Judeo-Christian worldview as the “great Satan.”
This war began in earnest on September 11, 2001. Rightfully, America took
the lead in this war and just a few years after 9/11, Americans have the
opportunity to go to the polls and either affirm the aggressive war against
terror
or choose another undetermined path.
Let’s make no mistake about what is at the heart of this election. The
historians will not mistake its meaning.
Historians will also likely note the great cultural divide in America right
now – so many
hinge issues reflected in the red and blue states and the county map from
2000 that revealed two Americas – the liberal urban centers and the vast
grassroots heartland. As in the war against terror, the cultural divide is
really a
philosophical struggle between conflicting ideologies: secular liberalism
against faith-based conservatism.
I believe that’s what historians will write about. Two struggles; one the
early stages of a global war and the other the turning point in a cultural
transformation. And Americans today will make the call.