homestead - [Homestead] Table saw economics (DIY stuff)

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Table saw economics (DIY stuff)
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 12:36:59 -0700

I used my table saw to make door molding for the doors inside this house. There were none, just gaps... the house was a bank repo after the husband died in a car wreck, the house was a work in 'progress'.
I cut the blanks (for the molding) from 2bys, then cut a taper into the blanks, routed the edges (made the router table <g>) and put them up. I just did the outside of the doors as I ran out of 2bys.
I was down at the big box home stores the other day, it was 4.35 for a stick at Home Depot and 4.85 at Lowes and I needed 15 sticks to do all 6 doors. That table saw saved me $65...
I paid $200 for it (a used Craftsman) and used it to make the pantry too.

The truth is I enjoy doing it myself.. I was just shocked when I saw what the door molding WOULD have cost me.

Rob
becidawa AT hctc.com

Let's end the two party system, get your State to support an open primary election. Everybody for an office on the same ballot with the top two vote getting making it to the general election!