homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sweet potatoes and ??

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sweet potatoes and ??
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 09:09:29 -0700

Are you going to cover the sweet potatoes - - -

I know of no advantage to covering mature sweet potatoes. Perhaps it would make sense if you like those humongous tubers.

> A few new fruits are agreening. I suspect the plants will grow forever if food and moisture provided and maybe some plastic to get through January potential frosts. The further issue is pollination. Needs the right temp range.

- - - and if you cover the tomato/es, will the daily
*covered* temps be enough ? Will you please update
this thread until ?? - - ?? Thanks !!

Remains to be seen. Yeah, I will give further reports.