homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sweet potatoes and ??

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sweet potatoes and ??
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:15:55 -0700

Is the weather good enough for tomatoes all year ?
*That* is the question .....

I have four plants, three of which are growing to the sky and I have given up on trying to keep them supported. Another is on the ground and hiding in the sweet potatoes but appears happy. A few new fruits are agreening. I suspect the plants will grow forever if food and moisture provided and maybe some plastic to get through January potential frosts. The further issue is pollination. Needs the right temp range.