homestead - Re: [Homestead] Electoral College map in great detail

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Electoral College map in great detail
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 15:43:47 -0700

At 9/26/2004 10:17 AM, you wrote:
ld be a lot better if Electoral College ceased to exist, majority vote prevailed and proportional vote gave minorities a role in government.
Winner-take-all gives too much power to small or non-existent majorities.

The Electorical College puts all the States on an almost equal footing, the small population states are still worth courting. Without it the smaller States are just not needed by the politicians.
I'd think 5 or 6 times before I'd redo what those wise men did 200+ years ago.... no way would today's politicians (or public) allow the government to be restricted like the Constitution does.

Rob
becidawa AT hctc.com