homestead - Re: [Homestead] Oil - wait !!

  • From: tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Oil - wait !!
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:12:45 -0400

Toni Hawryluk wrote:

Tvo typed :

not a peep out of the no-tax clique or any mention that Denmark got off the fossil energy hamster wheel

WAIT !! WAIT !! I missed it ! - where/how is the business about Denmark and no "hamster wheel" ???

Toni

tvoivozhd---I've posted it several times It took Denmark roughly fifteen years to become energy-independent, via a sort of Manhattan Project, since they thought it that important. (I have a bunch of Iraqi friends living there who enjoy it mightily)). Denmark now relies on fossil energy for only two percent of their total energy requirement---all the rest comes from renewables, wind, biomass, solar. If they desired they could eliminate that last two percent of oil-dependence.. The United States could do it easier and certainly in the same time-span, but feels no urgency---two or three dollar gasoline is still cheap and our oil and coal lobby doesn't want to happen. Bush dragged the hydrogen Red Herring across our energy path a few months back,, but that is to create the illusion he is doing smething about switching to an oil alternative fuel. Nothing could be further from the truth---his proposal produces hydrogen from coal and oil, and doesn't touch the storage of an incompressible gasl