homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics, it's still the economy, in the rust belt stupid.

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics, it's still the economy, in the rust belt stupid.
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 23:02:55 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/2004 11:53:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:
I looked for it in Clinton's book and found this on page 432:
"In the week leading up to the first [presidential] debate, I finally
endorsed the controversial North American Free Trade Agreement, which the
Bush administration had negotiated with Canada and Mexico, with the caveat
that I wanted to negotiate side agreements ensuring basic labor and
environmental standards that would be binding on Mexico. My labor
supporters were worried about the loss of low-wage manufacturing jobs . . .
unfortunately, that is not at all what he was saying at the time. a lot of
20/20 hindsight
changes have been made in Clintons book, (typical for all politicians) I put
little stock
in their autobiographies. I DO know, and never denied that Bush 1 was
involved in this, He was wrong, and Clinton was wrong to support it as well.