homestead - Re: [Homestead] Voting the pocketbook

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Voting the pocketbook
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:52:37 -0700

RayZentz AT aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 9/4/2004 7:48:46 PM Central Standard Time, tvoivozd AT infionline.net writes:

If the average voter responds correctly to the question, "Are you
better
off today than four years ago", Bush is gone---especially in Ohio and
Pennsyovania. A furious spin has its limitations when matched
with reality.

My answer to the question is "Yes", but this has absolutely nothing to do with Bush, Clinton, or any political party. It has to do with the fact that I have goals and a purpose for my life, and I am working to improve it. I. Me. I ask for nothing from any party, or any politician. I am the captain of my fate, and can do with it what I will.
As is every other individual in this country.
I can hear the outcry now...
Ray

tvoivozhd---no outcry from me. You fled the abysmally low-paid and
overworked teacher profession as I have implored my youngest daughter to do
for years and my pleading finally succeeded this year. She really likes the
theatre though, and would like to stay in it. An old college friend was
trying to look her up to see if she would take over a new theatre and
theatre group somewhere in tourist-trap Pennsylvania. Says he will
personally throw in a lot of money and the community has raised some
impressive sums for the project. So she is going up to look at it a few days
after Sept 21st (when she closes the sale of her Virginia Beach house).

If she accepts the offer, she will pull her cast largely from nearby Colleges and/or High Schools, and probably take Adjunct Professor status in several of them to run preparatory classes to draw from. She's a hell of a good businesswoman and I am confidant she will do well if she elects this course. I don't like the politics and pay vagaries of any school systerm public or private. The opportunity to compete as a business is vastly preferable.---as I have often mentioned before, both for improved earnings and increased control over your life.