homestead - RE: [Homestead] The Usury Business, How To Avoid Going To Jail

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] The Usury Business, How To Avoid Going To Jail
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 07:19:12 -0700

Now the drive appears to be to sucker people into deep debt regardless of
their ability to pay and then extract the money by whatever means.

It's the same immorality that is behind preying on military personnel by insurance agents clustered around military bases. Soldiers are talked into burdening themselves with huge amounts of questionable insurance.

I believe in personal responsibility. But it seems unrealistic to expect young people to stand up to and say no to those who make seductive promises. How can they get world knowledge except by living longer?

So we have laws to protect those who cannot protect themselves. Shall we cut them loose?