homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Usury Business, How To Avoid Going To Jail

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Usury Business, How To Avoid Going To Jail
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 10:22:44 -0700

Wow. I'm glad to soon be able to gracefully exit the third oldest profession. I don't resemble the above point of view, but I could feel slimy if I let myself. We're not all greedy nor opportunistic--even when there's a bad apple in every profession.

Now, Lisa, I hope you know that my comments are about the huge banking interests, not the you's and me's of the business world. I have felt good for 35 years about my roles in helping people find and acquire the homes of their dreams. Idealism aside, mortgages are a necessary part of the home-buying process for most people. As are Realtors, appraisers, house inspectors, termite inspectors, roof inspectors, insurers, title companies, escrow officers, recorders and more.