homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insurance coverage is not what you think is, or tax deductions either.

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insurance coverage is not what you think is, or tax deductions either.
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:14:44 -0700

We just bought insurance for the new house. We have a $250 deductible. The
value of the house was determined by a $$ amt./sq. ft for replacement value.
That total is more than it would cost to replace this house.

Now, this is different that the policy we had on the old house which stated
they would replace the house, same sq. ft.

are policies written differently in different parts of the country?

Lynda