gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] By By Beetles

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Hamptongar@aol.com
  • To: gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] By By Beetles
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 21:33:37 EDT

I used a similar product last year on shrub Altheas that seem to suck in the Japanese Beetles every summer.  Very spotty results last summer.  I applied a different brand but a similar formulation to the same shrubs last week as the JB's have finally returned.  The instructions say apply every 7-10 days.  I won't see the plants again until this Saturday..which will be the 7th day and I'll be able to evaluate for damaged foliage as well as beetles present.  Stay tuned.

Andrew Messinger
The Hampton Gardener is a registered trade mark and is published every Thursday in The Southampton Press, The Press and the Easthampton Press