gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] By By Beetles

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Nancy Szerlag <szerlag@earthlink.net>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Nancy Szerlag <szerlag@earthlink.net>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] By By Beetles
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:11:43 -0400

I have not been able to use it because of timing and rain. It has rained in my patch every day for the past 6 days. The dusk and dawn requirements have also hampered application. My garden is awash with bees of all kinds this year and even though this product is not a contact killer, I refuse to spray anything when these little guys are out and about.  However, my friend Neil Watson,  a member of garden writers,  -  has used it successfully in his vegetable garden and although he works for General Horticulture, I have complete faith in his word. He's the one who gave me the tips on acidifying the water and quick use of the product after mixing. You won't get this info by reading the literature.  Nancy
PS  At a garden writers meeting you will often Neil Watson chatting with the likes of  Jeff Lowenfelds and Tom Alexander at the back of the bus, also known as the bar.