gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] gwl-g Digest, Vol 49, Issue 2

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "David Ellis" <dellis@ahs.org>
  • To: <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] gwl-g Digest, Vol 49, Issue 2
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:56:42 -0400

Has anyone, in their travels around the web, come across a study or
resource that measures how much water different kinds of plants need to
survive? I'm trying to help the Discovery Channel with a project and
they wanted to be able to list some fairly common plants ranked by water
intake. The problem is that there are so many variables (daily or yearly
intake, size of plants, how to compare annuals versus perennials or
woodies) that I have been struggling to find a logical framework for
ranking plants. Feel free to answer off list.

Thanks,

David

David J. Ellis
Editor of The American Gardener
American Horticultural Society
(703) 768-5700, ext. 122
dellis@ahs.org

  • Re: [gwl-g] gwl-g Digest, Vol 49, Issue 2, David Ellis, 08/14/2008