gwl-g - [gwl-g] From Ellen Zachos

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: N Sterman <TalkingPoints@PlantSoup.Com>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [gwl-g] From Ellen Zachos
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 08:32:05 -0700

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ellen Zachos <ez@acmeplant.com>
Date: October 14, 2007 6:57:58 AM PDT
To: N Sterman <TalkingPoints@PlantSoup.Com>
Subject: Re: [GWL] powerpoint interface

My presentation went smoothly in WV yesterday except for two small things. I brought my presentation on USB drive and plugged into the Festivals' laptop/projector combo.

1) The image on the computer looked swell. On screen it was squished, distorting everything to make it narrower. It wasn't cartoonish like a fun house mirror, but it was noticeable. The tech person said every presentation had been like that, he didn't have time to figure it out, and he wasn't really a tech person. I explained the problem at the beginning of the presentation, blamed it on Josh, and told everyone what he looked like so they could gang up on him later. : )

2) There was no remote control. Josh suggested I stand back by the computer/projector to change slides, but when I explained that the mike cord didn't reach that far he got me a longer cable and we moved the computer to the front of the room where I could change slides manually. Since the remotes I've used in the past are all USB remotes that plug into the computer, I'm guessing I should get one of my own to travel with. (Perhaps this is obvious to you more seasoned PPT people.) Do most of you have your own remotes? Any recommended brands?

Thanks, and thanks to Nan for posting this on my behalf,
Ellen