gwl-g - [gwl-g] looking for Asclepias 'Silky Yellow'

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Carolyn Ulrich <cultivated@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [gwl-g] looking for Asclepias 'Silky Yellow'
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:32:07 +0200

Does anyone know a source for Asclepias 'Silky Yellow'? It's an annual that I saw at the redesigned Ball Gardens in 2005 but haven't seen on the market. It's not a Ball Seed introduction. It has incredible appeal for butterflies, says Jim Nau, the trials manager at Ball. It would be an excellent companion plant for Salvia 'Mystic Spires', which is a Ball plant and very similar to 'Indigo Spires' but smaller.
I found Asclepias 'Silky Gold' at San Marcos Growers in California, but no 'Silky Yellow'. Any leads?
Carolyn Ulrich