gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Bill McDonough and The 'Green' Skyscraper

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Garden Design, Inc" <gardendesign@enter.net>
  • To: "'gardenwriters-on-gardening'" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: rdolibois@anla.org, 'Kellee Magee' <kmagee@anla.org>, Joanne Kostecky <jkostecky@entermail.net>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Bill McDonough and The 'Green' Skyscraper
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 07:59:11 -0500

I was so impressed with McDonough's talk at the GWA Symposium that
immediately upon my return to the office on Wednesday I, E-mailed Kellee
McGee and Bob Dolibois at the ANLA office and said that we had to get him as
a keynote at the Management Clinic. His message and "Cradle to Cradle" are
such important links to our survival on the planet that I felt I needed to
the message out to as many organizations that could afford him as possible.
Fortunately ANLA and the Clinic team agreed. I look forward to seeing him
and hearing him again. The format will be very different from the GWA
Symposium. He'll have over an hour to present and then be given time in the
bookstore to sign autographs and network with the attendees. AND his
Powerpoint will work from the outset. (It was an embarrassment to me,
personally and professionally, that GWA could not get his Powerpoint to work
in the short time we had to begin the lecture. I know the stage crew in
Louisville and can guarantee that the technical details will be perfect!)

As writers and educators, we need to connect Bill McDonough to our industry
from the grass roots up. If you sit on a selection committee for any
conference or symposium, please make this man your number one choice as
keynote speaker. It's time this country wakes up and smells the depleted
ozone.

On a separate note, I've been going to Management Clinic for the past 15
years. It is an awesome experience that combines industry awareness, seven
tracks of pure horticultural education, supreme networking, and 18 hour days
of nothing but sensory stimulation. Check out the programming and make a
commitment to attend. You will not find a better green-industry experience.
As writers you will make connections that extend far beyond the close of the
sessions.

Kirk R. Brown