gwl-g - [gwl-g] Symposium Listserv Gathering

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: <gardenwriters@lists.ibiblio.org>, "gardenwriters-on-gardening" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [gwl-g] Symposium Listserv Gathering
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 19:11:40 -0500

Another change in plans, I fear. I will NOT be attending the symposium, as we've had a family emergency. My mother-in-law had a stroke and other problems and is in need of our immediate attention. She lives in Oklahoma City, and I will be there from mid August until after Labor Day settling her legal and medical affairs.

The listserv party will go on! Almost 30 of you have indicated that you will attend. Plan to gather at the Bar Blue at the Blue Grotto in the Scanticon Hotel at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 26. Have a great time! I will miss your companionship and good cheer, but families come first, especially elderly parents.

If any of you want to step forward and deal with the bar in advance to settle logistics, please do. Others will appreciate your efforts.

I'm upset about missing what promises to be a great symposium and missing my moment of glory in accepting the Silver Trowel for writing I won. But, life isn't always fair.
Doreen Howard
GWL & GWL-G Listserv Owner