gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] tree biology list

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Fran <fgustman@juno.com>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] tree biology list
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:18:54 -0400

It petered out.

ApisMNO@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 10/12/04 7:10:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time, treeman214@comcast.net writes:

http://www.chesco.com/~treeman

I had a little time so was checking through old e-mail to toss it and found a note from you about a tree list. I find the the garden writiers list so underwhelming so often, and I really am more interested in perennial woody plants anyway. Si, I'm wondering how your efforts turned out. I haven't been to any of Shigo's workshops for 3 years, because I tore up the meniscus in my left knee. So, I'm trying to make people aware of something other than maples and callery pears for public planting. I'm officially a retired Massachusetts CA. I've become more aware of how photoperiod interacts with weather to effect winter hardiness of trees. We didn't have extreme cold temperatures last winter, but it was pretty chilly and many weeping prunus were zapped. Barbara Emeneau