gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g]Deerbusters/Plantskydd

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
  • To: "gardenwriters-on-gardening" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g]Deerbusters/Plantskydd
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:54:02 -0400

Another interesting idea, but I wonder what effect it has on the
carnivores that live in the garden - I find I cannot use bloodmeal
anymore because when I do, somebody comes around and digs great holes
searching for the nice, juicy carcass they just know is buried down
there somewhere...

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor: Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Jo Ellen Meyers Sharp <hoosiergardener@earthlink.net>
> Don't know about Deerbusters, but people around here who've used
> Plantskydd are thrilled with the results.
>
> Plantskydd comes from Sweden, is made of natural products (bovine)
> and doesn't have to be applied after every rain. Usually lasts two
> six months in the garden, longer in field use at nurseries. The
> people I'm tracking say it discolors plants initially, but it wears

> off in a few days.
>
> They say it's effective on rabbits and deer. The Sweds use it to
> repell moose and elk.
>
> The theory is that deer (and rabbits) are herbivores and are not
> interested in plants that smell like meat. (www.plantskydd.com)
>
> I'm not a saleperson for the product. Just want to pass along what
> I've learned.
>
> jems

  • Re: [gwl-g]Deerbusters/Plantskydd, Marge Talt, 07/29/2004