grhits - [grhits] Seeking info re a system or program for managing legal documents

grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global Reproductive Health IT Support list

  • From: "Jim Fennessey" <jfennessey AT jhpiego.net>
  • To: "Jim Fennessey" <jfennessey AT jhpiego.net>
  • Subject: [grhits] Seeking info re a system or program for managing legal documents
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:21:37 -0400

Title: Seeking info re a system or program for managing legal documents

Hello, everyone.

Jhpiego is seeking improvements to its legal documents management processes and systems.  We're looking for a computer system/program that will provide fast, secure and simultaneous document distribution to multiple domestic and international destinations.  We want documents immediately accessible where and when they are needed.

I would be very interested in hearing from you if your organization has a system/program along these lines.  I’d like to know what it’s called, the pros and cons of the system as you’ve experienced it, and whether or not you’d recommend it to a colleague.

We’re looking for a system/program that will:

              Route and deliver contracts electronically to our internal users and to external partners and customers

              Enable signing contracts and similar documents electronically wherever that is legal

              Track when documents have been opened and request return receipts

              Send contracts and similar documents directly from our PCs

              Manage and track the signature process and gather multiple signatures on single documents

              Maintain an audit trail for compliance with regulations

              Track the entire process including when the recipient signed the document

              Store the document, audit trail information, and transaction history in a secure, compliant repository.

              Increase flexibility and speed, thus closing business faster

              Realize revenue faster

Please respond back to me directly at jfennessey AT jhpiego.net

Thank you.

Jim

Jhpiego—Innovating to Save Lives
  Jim Fennessey
  Director, Management Information Systems Office
  Jhpiego—an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University
  1615 Thames Street   Suite 301
  Baltimore, Maryland 21231

  Email:                jfennessey AT jhpiego.net
  Office Phone: 410-537-1836
  Mobile Phone:         410-262-1634
  Fax:          410-537-1476
  Skype:                jimfennessey