grhits - [grhits] Cobalt Qube smtp

grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global Reproductive Health IT Support list

  • From: "JoJo Almario" <jalmario AT intrahealth.org>
  • To: <grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [grhits] Cobalt Qube smtp
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:41:39 -0500

I know that support has been dropped for the Cobalt Qube 3 line of appliance servers but has anyone configured the Qube as a mail server with the following criteria

-          Web accessible mail client for users

-          Web user interface uses an smtp other than itself.

I have a qube  3 set up in Accra.  It is no longer being used as an smtp, just for receiving mail.  All others are using mail.africaonline.com.gh as their smtp.  However, there is one client who is strictly on webmail for right now and she cannot send mail because the Qubes smtp traffic is not being accepted by Africa Online due to security measures they have put in on their networks .  So Im wondering whether anyone has ever configured the Qube 3 to use an alternate smtp service other than itself.  Where would those settings be?

Thanks

JoJo

  • [grhits] Cobalt Qube smtp, JoJo Almario, 11/24/2003