grhits - RE: [grhits] update on Ethiopia

grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global Reproductive Health IT Support list

  • From: Stan Mullen <SMullen AT pathfind.org>
  • To: "'dsettle AT intrahealth.org'" <dsettle AT intrahealth.org>, 'Global Reproductive Health IT Support list' <grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [grhits] update on Ethiopia
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:25:23 -0500

Good Morning Dykki,

Yes, a definite improvement has been noticed. I met with Samuel Barbe (General Manager of Ethiopia Telecom) and expressed my desire and urgency to return internet connectivity to a normal state until they can embark on upgrading their capacity problem. There were a considerable number of remote access points that were seized by the system (the reason for the busy signals) and I got them to free up those ports. In addition, their DHCP server was handing down an incorrect gateway, which was contributing to the problem of poor connectivity. My staff has definitely seen an improvement and hopefully this is being felt throughput all the health organizations.

I spoke with Getu and he indicated that he has signed on with you for local support. Just curious as to how it is going?

Hope all is well with you.

Best,

Stan

Stan Mullen