grhits - RE: [grhits] IntraHealth International, Inc.

grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global Reproductive Health IT Support list

  • From: Stan Mullen <SMullen AT pathfind.org>
  • To: "'dsettle AT intrahealth.org'" <dsettle AT intrahealth.org>, 'Global Reproductive Health IT Support list' <grhits AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [grhits] IntraHealth International, Inc.
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:49:29 -0400

Greetings Dykki,

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to meet very soon. But first let me say that I very much welcome the opportunity to both learn and share my experiences. Pathfinder has a presence in most of the developing countries and I’m certain that you can appreciate what a challenge that can be for the technology sector.

I have been a Pathfinder since Nov. 2001 and have spent my entire career in IT working for hi-tech telecom companies. But as most know, whatever your business is or cause, the need for computers and a method to share and disseminate information doesn’t get discriminated against.

I have many experiences to share and also expect to learn from the other organizations as to what’s happening regarding IS/MIS/IT business applications, reporting tools, and the list goes on and on.  As I’m sure you would probably agree, each time a country office is visited, the goal to improve the communication infrastructure is key and we at Pathfinder try to implement that. I’m immediately curious now that we are breathing new technology life in most of our African countries what offerings are available for bandwidth improvements especially in Nigeria and Kenya. I would love to hear from others as to what they have implemented for internet connectivity options based on availability, price, reliability, etc. Anyone who would like to respond, please feel free.

Best to everyone and again, I believe this list server will certainly become a useful and productive tool.

Stan

Stan Mullen

Director of Technology

Pathfinder International