gmark - [GMark] Re: not Katqws but the line beginning with idou

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Jim Little <j.c.little AT exeter.ac.uk>
  • To: gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [GMark] Re: not Katqws but the line beginning with idou
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:53:04 +0000

I've just recently been able to contribute to gmark and not yet quite sure
how to use it. brief intro: jim little, taught bib.studies etc at college
in UK (St Mark & St John in Plymouth, Devon) after completing doctoral
diss. with W.D.Davies and James Price at Duke, dissertation on 'redaction
criticism and gospel of mark' with special ref. to ch.4. parts published in
UK, but not whole thing when caught up in fulltime teaching in UK. though
now formally 'retired' I work fulltime (paid part time!) for Exeter U in
Devon - with which I've also worked for some 20 years introducing adults to
NT studies in evening classes in Plymouth. myself and another colleague
develop and tutor a course on 'intro to bible' with me responsible for 2
spring & summer modules on NT studies. this is my first attempt to enter
system, and this contribution is to say first 'hello', second to hope that
someone reads is, and third can advise me on s'thing I can't track down in
site itself: i.e., is it possible to open up a whole sequence of discussion
threads to ponder offline without having to go into each in turn to cut and
paste into word doc? I've cut&paste contributions to opening verses of Mk
in which - like all of us - have an interest and opinions, but need to know
that I'm on right track to make relevant contributions. am about to read
through contributions to date, and once I'm sure about how system works,
will come back to make hopefully relevant contribution. thanks, jim little
(exeter)

  • [GMark] Re: not Katqws but the line beginning with idou, Jim Little, 11/12/2004