gmark - [GMark] Re: not Katqws but the line beginning with idou

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: RickR370 AT aol.com
  • To: gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [GMark] Re: not Katqws but the line beginning with idou
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:02:18 EDT

Jeffrey,
your statment misses my point:

What I am saying is that if Kaqws is translated correctly What stands written in Isaiah is the euaggleiou. That being the case how could scholars not see that the next line was not a quotaton but direct address on the part of the writer to his the reader. It cannot be a quotation if what is written in Isaiah refers to the good news. Tell  the list who among scholars has recognized this. I have never heard anyone at Princeton or anywhere else translate the text this way? If you have anyone who sees the line that starts with Idou presented as direct address please post the reference. There is no commentator that I know of that translates the text this way.

Michael

The reading the prophets has been noted as a correction by scribes attempting to explain the misquote. I think this is a more likely explanationn for the later reading. The point is, what follows is not a OT quotation at all but direct address from writer to reader.

Rick Richmond