gmark - Redaction & Judas

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Steve Black <sblack AT axionet.com>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Redaction & Judas
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 07:17:21 -0800

Ted, a question.

In assessing Mark's redaction, it seems that there are three basic directions for any given pericope:

1. Mark inherited the passage pretty much as we find it
2. Mark inherited the passage and then altered it
3. Mark created it altogether.

Both # 2 and 3 can utilize Hebrew scriptures as a "source". (I guess #1 could too, it just wouldn't be Mark who is the active party)

My question, Do you consider #2 as an option in regards to Judas?

I ask because it seems to me that you approach the material with #3 being the only open possibility.

--
Peace

Steve Black
Diocese of New Westminster
Anglican Church of Canada

  • Redaction & Judas, Steve Black, 04/10/2001