gmark - Re: Fiction

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: JFAlward AT aol.com
  • To: gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Fiction
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 01:54:28 EST

In a message dated 3/14/01 10:32:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sblack AT axionet.com writes:

Joe,  why would the story being fictional be the most important thing?

Attempts to understand the "historicity" of any given biblical text
is but one element towards understanding the nature and "meaning" of
the text. Its merely one step along the way, not the destination!

I expressed the view that I thought Ted and I disagreed about the origin of
some of the fiction, not whether the betrayal-arrest was fiction; the latter
is more important than the former, that's all.

Regards,

Joe Alward

  • Fiction, Steve Black, 03/15/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>