gmark - Fiction

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Steve Black <sblack AT axionet.com>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Fiction
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:36:44 -0800

At 12:02 AM -0500 3/15/01, Kata Markon digest wrote:
Other than this disagreement, there is much in Ted's analysis with which I
agree. We both agree that Mark's betrayal and arrest story is probably
fictional, and that's the most important thing, by far, in my opinion.

Joe, why would the story being fictional be the most important thing?

Attempts to understand the "historicity" of any given biblical text is but one element towards understanding the nature and "meaning" of the text. Its merely one step along the way, not the destination!

--
Steve Black
Diocese of New Westminster

3049 West 14th Ave