gmark - HTML Test

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: JFAlward AT aol.com
  • To: gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: HTML Test
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:27:16 EST

In a message dated 3/13/01 6:12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jgibson000 AT home.com writes:

Recently a number of List members have been composing and sending their
messages in HTML format. While this may be convenient for them to do so,
it actually causes a number of problems for the List.

Jeffrey has informed me that some members receive HTML mail from me.  I will
do what I can at my end to prevent this, but I don't know where to begin.
I'm unaware of any option on AOL which permits one to send HTML.  I've been
sending emails for quite some time now, and this is the first time anyone has
told me there's a problem with my mail.

Please consider this post a test.  If you receive this without HTML or other
problems, please write back OFF LIST to tell me so.  If you *do* experience
problems, please say so and redirect the offending post back to me. With your
help, I might be able to get to the bottom of this.

The following is a cut and paste test of a web page:

Now the Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread were only two days away,
and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some sly
way to arrest Jesus and kill him.

Joe Alward

  • HTML Test, JFAlward, 03/13/2001