gmark - GMark Scribe

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Robert Leonzio <bob AT ehrs.upenn.edu>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: GMark Scribe
  • Date: 03 Nov 99 14:42:33 +0000

GMark Scribe
11/3/99

This is possibly a real stretch for the list, but I thought that I'd put
it out there anyway, just in case someone may have some knowledge of the
subject I am researching.

I am researching a scribe by the name of Leontius who is credited with a
manuscript listed in VonSoden as "Leontius XI (e)18(6) (VS:Ac)" . Brian
Wilson has given me information that von Soden's code (e)18(6) indicates
the uncial Codex Rossanensis which is kept at Rossano and contains the
Gospel of Mark and Matthew. It was produced in silver letters on purple
parchment with full-page illustrations, probably in the 6th century.

Other resources which I have consulted have given me indications that
this scribe may have been associated with the Gospel of Mark - particularly
the "new" ending".

Does anyone know which document(s) this vonSoden's reference points to?
and where can I find more information on the Codex Rossanensis.

Bob Leonzio

University of Pennsylvania
(215) 898-4453
bob AT ehrs.upenn.edu

  • GMark Scribe, Robert Leonzio, 11/03/1999