gmark - Re: gmark digest: October 01, 1999

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: gmark digest: October 01, 1999
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 09:35:19 -0500

A second reason is that I have written an article on the idea of "testing" in
the "secular world" for the forthcoming _Dictionary of New Testament
Backgrounds_ (a companion to _Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels_
and _Dictionary of Paul and His Letters_) which focuses on the how non
Biblical Hellenistic authors use the PEIRASMOS terminology and what
can be inferred

Rod. Decker wrote:

This is the first that I've heard of a 4th vol. in the IVP series. Can you
offer any further info, such as the projected publication date (even it
isn't any more reliable that U/Chg's dates for BDAG the last 5 years or so!)?
The publishers have informed me that the volume is to be out in time for next year's (i.e., the year 2000's) SBL. Doubtless there be some pre publication publicity material at THIS year's SBL. I'm very interested to see what else beyond what I've written is going to be included.

Yours,

Jeffrey

--
Jeffrey B. Gibson