gmark - Markan Resources

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "George Young" <gwyoung AT morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
  • To: "Kata Markon" <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Markan Resources
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 14:46:55 -0230

Let me suggest a few that I think are worthy resources for the Markan
scholar:

1. Robert Gundry's _Mark: A Commentary on His Apology for the Cross_ (Grand
Rapids: Eerdmans, 1993).

Some of the more innovative research in Markan Studies can be found in:

2. George Aichele, _Jesus Framed_ (London: Routledge, 1996)
(A reading of Mark that deliberately experiments with the literary-critical
theory and hermeneutics of Roland Barthes.)

3. Stephen D. Moore _Mark and Luke in Poststructuralist Perspectives: Jesus
Begins to Write_ (New Haven: Yale University Press, 1992)

4. Mary R. Thompson _The Role of Disbelief in Mark: A New Approach to the
Second Gospel_ (New York: Paulist Press, 1989).

5. Robert Fowler _Let the Reader Understand: Reader-response Criticism and
the Gospel of Mark_ (Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 1991).

George W. Young, PhD
Assistant Professor of Biblical Studies
Queen's College Faculty of Theology
210 Prince Philip Drive
St. John's NF
CANADA A1B 3R6
Tel. (709) 753-0116
Fax. (709) 753-1214
email: gwyoung AT morgan.ucs.mun.ca

  • Markan Resources, George Young, 09/11/1999