freetds - Re: [freetds] Conversion emoji symbols to UTF-8

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Marsupilami79 <marsupilami79 AT gmx.de>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Conversion emoji symbols to UTF-8
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 12:22:43 +0200

Hello Frediano,

Am 20.04.2016 um 12:13 schrieb Frediano Ziglio:
> [...] just that you are using the trivial iconv provided with FreeTDS
> which is not recommended.

I just have to ask - why isn't it recommended to use the trivial iconv?
Are there known bugs besides the trivial iconv supporting only Unicode
and ISO8859-1?
I host some freetds dblib dlls on the Zeoslib project site and for Win64
it is only the one with the trivial iconv as I have no clue on how to
comple iconv for 64 bits. And I want to be prepared for bugreprts...

With best regards,

Jan