freetds - Re: [freetds] Appveyor Builds & Testing

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Ramiro Morales <cramm0 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>, pymssql-ml <pymssql AT googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Appveyor Builds & Testing
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:32:27 +0100

> On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Ha! I forgot I opened that.
>>>
>>> Are you making any progress on FreeTDS windows binaries? FYI, we have a
>>> paid AppVeyor account which makes the builds go much faster vs the free
>>> version. I could set up FreeTDS and pymssql on our account if you think
>>> that would be helpful.
>>>

>> Actually I was waiting for you. If you refer to my tries with MingW I
>> usually use it to do some test, I was just trying to compile under
>> Fedora using static win-iconv instead of dynamic one to avoid having
>> to copy dll while doing tests.
>>

> [wall of text warning :)]
>
> The FreeTDS AppVeyor builds aren't perfect but are perfectly usable
> (and IMHO useful).
>
> My problem is that if I'm a a bit when twisted when explaining things
> in Spanish, then even much more in English so it seems until now I
> haven't been able to convey a full description of the status of this.
>
> I will try to itemize so to be more clear:
>
> 1. What is missing?

Updates:
- merged PR for discovery last OpenSSL version;
- all tests now work correctly;
- build now fails if tests fail to execute;
- updated tds protocol for tests to 7.3 (mssql 2012) do test new types
and all feature of test server;
- added missing includes to artifacts generated by AppVeyor

Frediano