freetds - [freetds] Encrypted passwords

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Ray Rankins" <rrankins AT gothamconsulting.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Encrypted passwords
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 07:09:26 -0400

Okay, I’ve searched through the list archives and googled all over the place
and I think I already know the answer but wanted to ask here.

Is there any version of FreeTDS that supports connecting to a Sybase server
that requires passwords to be encrypted when sent over the network?

I’ve tried adding “encrypt = require” to the freetds.conf file, but that
didn’t help.

Whenever I try to connect to a Sybase server the requires encrypted password,
it fails to login with error message 1640, “Adaptive Server requires
encryption of the login password on the network.”

Looking at the source code for version 0.91 stable release, it looks like
this functionality is not implemented?

Thanks,

-Ray