freetds - [freetds] Connecting to a specific database with DB-Library

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Geoff Montee <geoff.montee AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Connecting to a specific database with DB-Library
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 14:38:49 -0700

Hi,

Some tds_fdw users are having issues connecting to Microsoft Azure.

At the moment, if a tds_fdw user wants to connect to a particular
server and database, then tds_fdw connects to the server using
dbopen(), and then switches to the database using dbuse().

The problem is that apparently Microsoft Azure doesn't support the
syntax "USE databasename;", which is what dbuse() does behind the
scenes.

Is there a way to supply a connecting database name to dbopen() or
another similar DB-Library function? In the Doxygen reference manual,
I don't see any function or macro to add a database name to LOGINREC
(i.e. something with a name like setldatabase()).

I was thinking that users could just change the default database for a
particular user on the server side to avoid the problem, but
apparently Azure doesn't support that either.

Thanks,

Geoff Montee