freetds - Re: [freetds] Encrypted connection

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Encrypted connection
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 19:28:31 -0400

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:11:53 +0000 (UTC)
Marc Abramowitz <msabramo AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I found the problem. The FreeTDS userguide says that the encryption
> setting is "required", but if you look in the code, it's actually
> "require". Compounding this, FreeTDS will ignore the setting and you
> won't know unless you've set TDSDUMPCONFIG.
>
> Ouch.
>
> Merge request to correct the userguide:
> https://gitorious.org/freetds/freetds/merge_requests/9
>
> Merge request to make an invalid encryption setting a fatal error:
> https://gitorious.org/freetds/freetds/merge_requests/10

Ouch indeed. I think the next release of FreeTDS should probably
reject all incorrect configurations, both invalid keywords and
out-of-range values. Diagnosing configuration errors is easier if the
error is obvious, and the remedy is simple.

Thanks for chasing this down.