freetds - Re: [freetds] Encrypted connection

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Marc Abramowitz <msabramo AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Encrypted connection
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:11:53 +0000 (UTC)

Plot Lost <plot.lost <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Sounds like FreeTDS is not actually seing your encryption=required setting.

I just went through the same thing as in this thread and it's 2013. Posting
this here for anyone who stumbles upon this thread like I did.

I found the problem. The FreeTDS userguide says that the encryption setting is
"required", but if you look in the code, it's actually "require". Compounding
this, FreeTDS will ignore the setting and you won't know unless you've set
TDSDUMPCONFIG.

Ouch.

Merge request to correct the userguide:
https://gitorious.org/freetds/freetds/merge_requests/9

Merge request to make an invalid encryption setting a fatal error:
https://gitorious.org/freetds/freetds/merge_requests/10

More details at this post:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.tds.freetds/15259