freetds - Re: [freetds] One failing unit test (iconv_read) on git master on OS X

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Marc Abramowitz <marca AT surveymonkey.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] One failing unit test (iconv_read) on git master on OS X
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 18:24:53 +0000

On 9/15/13 9:27 AM, "Marc Abramowitz" <marca AT surveymonkey.com> wrote:

>It's curious that tds_iconv seems to fail (with errno 7 - what's that?)
>when it's only 1024 bytes into the string; still in the middle of all the
>'a' characters; it hasn't gotten to the special character yet it seems.

It looks like, according to errno and the iconv(3) man page [1] that errno
7 is E2BIG:

[E2BIG] Input conversion stopped due to lack of space in the output buffer.

So perhaps there's only 1024 bytes of space in the output buffer? I'll try
to dig in...

I also noticed that tds_bcp_fread is returning 0:

res 0 out_len 1024
out 1024 bytes expected 4077

which implies that it succeeded. It seems that it should return an error
code in this case? Maybe return E2BIG?

Marc

[1]: http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/iconv.html