freetds - Re: [freetds] tinytds based on freetds crashing

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] tinytds based on freetds crashing
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 18:14:52 -0400

On Thu, 5 Apr 2012 08:32:32 +0200
Krzysztof Chodak <krzysztof.chodak AT gmail.com> wrote:

> could also try to help but I would need to know where TDS 7.1 protocol
> documentation resides?

The term to search for is "ms-tds":

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/e/6/ae6e4142-aa58-45c6-8dcf-a657e5900cd3/%5BMS-TDS%5D.pdf
or
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd303260(v=prot.13).aspx

The now PDF bears an unpardonable "preliminary" watermark that makes it
much more difficult to read. That's new. Version 9.2 bore no such
mark. I guess it wasn't preliminary then.

I think HTML5 supports watermarks, too. Perhaps one day Microsoft will
stamp every page on its website "final".