freetds - Re: [freetds] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Function sequence error (SQL-HY010)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Function sequence error (SQL-HY010)
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 19:47:58 +0000

2012/3/4 James K. Lowden <jklowden AT freetds.org>:
> On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 08:27:29 -0500
> Ken Collins <ken AT metaskills.net> wrote:
>
>> On that topic, is there now a branch/tag structure that port
>> maintainers can now follow too? For instance something like a
>> 091-stable branch that may eventually be tagged 092 or something.
>
> Sorry, Ken, answer is "not yet".
>
> There are two things we want to do in this area:
>
> 1.  Change from cvs to git.
> 2.  automatically release patched versions of the current release.
>
> As you know, we currently have 0.91 stable and patched, but "patched"
> includes all patches since the release.  The filename never changes;
> the only way to know what's in the patched version is by looking at
> ChangeLog.
>
> I've agreed to move to git for others' benefit, even though I don't
> use it myself for anything else.   I've been reluctant to start because
> once begun it must be finished, and while unfinished there will be no
> updated tarballs of release or HEAD.  Or we have to re-port, or
> something.
>
> I hope it's understandable that I'm putting off dealing with
> relase-patch versioning until we're using git.
>
> If OTOH we stick with CVS for the foreseeable future because it really
> is "good enough" for our purposes, I could focus on modifying the
> existing scripts toward that end.  If overnight patched release
> tarballs stopped working, even for a few weeks, the earth would
> continue to rotate on its axis.
>
> If you are reading this and feel you have the energy, time, and
> knowledge to do the job, you know where to find me.
>
> --jkl

James, why don't you put script into misc directory??
I have a lot of my script in there, to do all testing stuff, package
windows package with MingW and so on
Personally I stopped using cvs for FreeTDS more than a year ago! I
have a crazy script that do the commits to cvs from git. You can find
the git version of FreeTDS at
http://gitorious.org/freetds/freetds/commits/master.

Honestly I'd like to have git at least to do file rename instead of
having nasty things like this:
http://gitorious.org/freetds/freetds/commit/5542f21746c1d36c4cf6f8cf5e7be67d17c395ed
!

Frediano