freetds - [freetds] osql script

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: David Venus <david.venus AT bi-lo.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] osql script
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 11:05:03 -0500

Hi!

After doing some testing with the osql script yesterday I found the
following:

- For AIX (at least at 6.1 and 7.1) the host command needs to have a
"-n" switch to get the "new"
format that the osql expects.

Without the "-n" you get -> <fully qualified host name> is <ip address>.

With the "-n" switch you get the expected -> <fully qualified host name>
has address <ip address>.

- The ODBCINI environment variable and the <--prefix value>/etc (path to
the binary with "bin" or
"lib" replaced by "etc") paths need to be checked for the odbc.ini file.
I added code to echo them
to the ${INI_DIRNAME} >&3 file. This is what caused me the most grief.

- The sed pattern "[^.0-9]" that is checking for host names that are ip
addresses may not work right
on host names that have numbers in them or are fully qualified (<host
name>.<domain>). In my case
a host name like "b0aaasql3" got turned into "0aaasql3" which broke the
if statement. Maybe this is
just an AIX sed issue.

Thanks!

Dave Venus