freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS driver for windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: David Savelski <davesave AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS driver for windows
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 12:26:55 +0300

Hi guys,

You should have told me it would be easy...

Steps for future reference:
1. downlad freetds-stable.tgz. - I used 0.82 version
2. download bloodshed devcpp from their site - I used Dev-C++ 5.0 beta 9.2
(4.9.9.2) full.
3. install devcpp
4. unpack freetds.
5. run devcpp and File->Open project or File...
6. go to: freetds-0.82\win32\dev-cpp and select FreeTDS.dev
7. press Ctrl+F9 to compile. it will create FreeTDS.dll in the same folder.
8. copy the dll to c:\windows\system32 or %WINDIR%\System32

Register the driver in the ODBC - 32 bit - under Windows Server 2008 R2 64
bit.

Run this commands as Administrator from cmd:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ODBCCONF.exe INSTALLDRIVER
"FreeTDS|Driver=FreeTDS.dll|Setup=FreeTDS.dll||"
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ODBCCONF.exe CONFIGDRIVER "FreeTDS" "APILevel=1"
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ODBCCONF.exe CONFIGDRIVER "FreeTDS"
"ConnectFunctions=YYY"
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ODBCCONF.exe CONFIGDRIVER "FreeTDS"
"DriverODBCVer=02.50"
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ODBCCONF.exe CONFIGDRIVER "FreeTDS" "FileUsage=0"
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ODBCCONF.exe CONFIGDRIVER "FreeTDS" "CPTimeout=60"

Run C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe to see the FreeTDS driver in place.

When i installed it to the 64 bit ODBC - and error kept coming when i tired
to use it :The Setup routines for the FreeTDS ODBC Driver could not be
loaded due to system error code 193.
I guess this driver compiles only to 32 bit.

Dave.