freetds - [freetds] Login failed

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Robert Young" <ryoung AT medicalpharmacies.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Login failed
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 09:56:36 -0400

I've set up the latest version for 7.0 and the SQL Server is set up for
Mixed Mode Authentication. I can log in to the SQL Server using my domain
credentials but the following happens when I try to use tsql to connect:

tsql -H myhost -p 1433 -U user

where myhost is either the hosts file entry or the IP and user is my domain
user. Below I'm using my domain password.

locale is "C_C.C"

locale charset is ""

Password:

Msg 18456, Level 14, State 1, Server MPG-REPORT, Line 1

Login failed for user 'roberty'.

Msg 20002, Level 9, State -1, Server OpenClient, Line -1

Adaptive Server connection failed

There was a problem connecting to the server